Monday, March 26, 2012

" When you are content with today, there is no reason to live for tomorrow."

I work in a shit hole. That is not me complaining about having a shitty job in this shitty economy. That is me calling a spade, a spade. I work in a place where office employees are more important than the warehouse employees. It's actually quite fucking annoying. When there is extra work to be done, we are the ones who stay late and get it done. We are the ones who sacrifice all of our free time, all of our family time, and our sanity to make sure the job gets fucking done. But these worthless office fucks can't so much as take their own trash to the dumpsters. Don't worry, I will take a break out of my never ending job to throw that away for you, you fuck. On top of it all, there is an attitude from management that we should feel obligated to sacrifice any and everything for the good of the company.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most, aside from the "I'm better than you" attitude from the front office, or the " You're lucky to have a job" attitude from management, is the contentedness from the warehouse staff. This isn't a fucking career, it's a dead-end miserable, life-draining job. You should not accept it as the peak of your professional life, but as a big ass fucking stepping stone to get you to your next stop. I don't want to be the 50 year old guy still working in a dead end job. You should never accept your current situation as the best it will ever get in your life. When you do, or at least when I do, I will find myself waking up everyday wondering why am I continuing to live when it will never get better than this.

Live everyday with the intention of making the next day better. Find one little thing to accomplish this. Exercise a little more. Tend to your hobby. Clean out your closet. Just do something, anything to fucking appreciate the extra day you were given, because we all run out of days eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment